Wednesday, April 20, 2011

317 Takin' care of bidness (FINALLY)


22 April, 2011
1004 S. Grove Ave.
Barrington, IL.  60010-5025


My Dear Friend, Earl Thompson,
Thank you so much for the kind and generous breakfast you shared with me and my folks.  They thoroughly enjoyed themselves and had a grand time meeting you.
What is your schedule like this week?  I'm thinking we should get together (your sister too, please) and listen to some of my vinyl - which is just itchin' for a listenin'!
And what is your e-mail?
I'm going to call you later tonight, but I'll put this down here in my snail mail, as dependable a means of communications as there is left on the planet.
I need a designated payee for my Social Security Supplementary Disability Income Account.  Could you perform that function?  Your signature would be required on any check that I cashed and you would be asked to do an annual accounting of how funds are spent on my behalf -- it's a trivial thing, really.
Because of my mother's well-intentioned stupidity, the federal government is holding on to my last two SSDI checks, about $870.00, unless they have upped me to the maximum, about $630 / month because I have been "kicked out" of the house.
If you can do it, we need to get up to Waukegan to the Social Security Office in the 1900 block of Lewis Avenue, sometime between Monday and Friday, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Please advise at your earliest opportunity.  I need so little money to really begin to make a difference in the world.
Also - did you get a call from the gentleman who was run over by the Union Pacific train?  Mister Magic, I believe is what he called himself.
With warm regards,
Your friend for life - Mark Raymond Ganzer

No comments:

Post a Comment