Sunday, January 15, 2012

Meeting new Best Friends Forever

The Metra North Line from Fox Lake to Chicago was 18 minutes late, so I missed my connecting train at Ogilvy Transportation Center. No problem, God has somewhere for me to be and somebody(s) for me to meet. I decide to see if either Marla or Jill are at the 24/7 MacDonald's at Ontario and Ohio. No dice. I get an ice water. I'm melting it was so sweltering hot. And I get into a conversation with George MacDonald, the Organic Farmer. I relate the story about how MJ lost $1,000,000 golfing with Wambaugh at Wynstone, then the next day won back $900,000 plus Wambaugh's private airplane, which he really loves. George almost teared up, looking so sadly wistful. "what I could do with a fraction of that money," he sighed.

What's your line of business, I asked.

I'm an organic farmer, here from Michigan, but I have about 30 farms across the country.

Let's exchange contact information then, and when I do my fund-raising tour, I'll put you right up there.

And so we did! Now, the issue is to find his god-damned business card! Which, In'Sh'Allah, I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment