Monday, January 16, 2012

MEDITATION ON FEAR AND BELIEF - From the awakening of 28, august, 2006

Today, hell hath no power o'er me
and the world holds no attraction.



MEDITATION ON FEAR AND BELIEF



There are some days, sadly few,

but recently more frequently occurring,

when I seem to breech the barrier built by humankind,

ever thicker and ever higher, which prevents us

from sensing the touch and guiding hand of the divine.



But these past few days I've felt, aye, e’en seen,

the hand of the Creator, gently on my shoulder,

guiding me in His pathways.

I do not resist.

I am open to all possibilities.



It was always thus, I believe.

It was always thus, I fear.



In the child's soft fresh openness to the universe,

I believe,

having watched my son grow in wonderment,

grow in delight, and grow in love,

the presence of the Divine surrounds, and glows;

sings beauteous melodies and choral anthems --

the lullaby of the cricket,

the woodpecker's wake up knock,

the call of the gently flowing stream,

the power and grandeur of the lightning bolt.



It was always thus, I believe.

It was always thus, I fear.



I believe for I have seen God's glowing love

reflected in my son's mirthful eyes.



I fear for I remember not my own childhood's wonderment.



I believe, for no other explanation fits the facts --

and this is good.



I fear, for no other explanation fits the facts --

and this is not good --

that I once held the universe in a grain of sand

in my small child hand

and cannot remember.



I believe, for to not believe means

that death conquers all.

And greedily, for to not believe means

that death conquers all.



At one time, I must have known that

love is, was and ever will be the answer.



At one time, I must have chosen to forget that

love is, was and ever will be the answer.



Aye, the world's pleasures and temptations o’er came me.



I believer, I fear.

I fear I believe -- for reasons all wrong.



And to believe for reasons all wrong means

that death conquers all.



And yet,

There are days

When I breach the barrier

And feel the touch of the Divine guiding me.

And I am open, to all possibilities.



I believe, I fear.

I fear, I believe.



And since I cannot reconcile these outliers,

I choose instead

the middle path.



I choose to hope.

To hope to be a follower of The Way.

........Monday, August 28, 2006
........After a weekend in God's country where

........an alien, I was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment