Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sharing my facebook family's Thanksgiving prayers with y'all


Mark Raymond Ganzer


This was as perfect a Thanksgiving day as any we're ever had here at 1004 S Grove Ave, Barrington, IL. My sister Gay Linda Ganzer-Offutt volunteered to do the cooking, brain surgery to remove that benign tumor 2 years ago notwithstanding, but, check out THIS for a brilliant idea: she had Jewel fix the meal! and me start the oven! (who knew I could be so competent!) while Cousin Terry George Hockett brought the pies, Mary-Sue Offutt brought her charming, delightful, insightful, benevolent self, Mike Offutt shared about half an hour with me sitting on the bench in the hut under the eaves of the master bedroom, just watching the circus go by, Xian and Yuhong, who for all practical intents and purpses are (either, pick one) or sister and brother-inlaws, or our brother and sister-in laws, or, probably closest, our cousin and spouse, came and, as always, added so much to the meal-time and post dessert conversations (Xian having just returned from 3 1/2 weeks visiting her parents in Shanghai China) while Ralphie boy and Markie boy managed to get in 8 holes of golf, do MacDonalds (didn't eat turkey 'til about 2:30, thank you MIckey D's) and Gay, bless her heart and soul for noticing whispered to me, "You did a great job! The house looks wonderful!" 


To which I could but reply, "What chew mean ME? I was carkin' the whip on ole' Ralphie Boys ass all night whipping up the kitchen into shape, and settin' up the table this mornin'. 


Not a one person commented on the almost-completed-status of the kitchen door, formerly the worst-fitted door in town, and now, gladly and warmly, doni' it's thang keepin' us warm, and quite frankly, a GRAND OLE thyme was had by all! Many thanks, Heavenly Father, for this grand, glorious, and unforgettable day. AMEN!


Facebook Friends Check IN: 

Bonnie Alternburg Clark:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my facebook friends!!!!! I enjoy all the great pictures and wonderful thoughts that you all post. Enjoy your friends, families, and a day to give thanks. Thank you.Mona Snell oh man ......sounds like a happy happy house! Can't have too many dogs....well I guess you can but since some are just visiting I doubt we'll see you on that hording animals tv show! haaa. take pictures

 Mark Raymond Ganzer

Hey Mona - simply must tell you what a blessing you have been in my life since we've taken the opportunity to get to know each other better here on FaceBook. And, okay, if you insist, I won't be in awe of you; I shall merely carry the highest of admiration for you and hold in you the highest regard, which places you in, actually, pretty good company, and, if there weren't so many of you (actually, in truth, your numbers ARE legion; it's just that true saints move mostly quietly, getting no recognition for all the good they do - the kind words they find to speak at the singularly most opportune of moments, and the gentle smiles they plant like the apple seeds of Johnny AppelSeed – random kindness to strangers who delight in such gifts

Mark Raymond Ganzer 

Those of us blessed so bountifully as to have Bonnie Alternburg Clark as a friend are just bubbling over at happiness to learn that our Dear Saint Bonnie had a memorable and blessed day of Thanks and Giving. Love ya' Bon Bons!

Ginger Johnson Pillman 

 Happy Thanksgiving to all my special friends and family! I am so grateful for each of you and with you a wonderful day!!! You, Carol Paulson Corum, Colleen Mahan Keyes, Marcia Sa'adia Little and 34 others like this.

Janie Kincheloe 

happy thanksgiving Ginger....hope your day was wonderful!

Mark Raymond Ganzer 

The Saints, Ginger Johnson Pillman and Janie Kincheloe check in with positive reports of their Thanksgiving day, and my heart is warmed, gladdened, and leaps for joy. Love ya' ladies (agape)! 

Ginger Johnson Pillman

Prayer: Thank you for this Thanksgiving Day: for food and shelter and for my life of freedom and security. Thank you for my nation and those who defend and serve it. Thank you for my church and its steadfast witness to your love. Thank you for dear friends who have graced my life and grace it still. Thank you for all those I love and for memories of those I have loved and still hold in my heart. Thank you for you, for your love along the way of my journey. Amen. Written by Fourth Presbyterian Church pastor John Buchanan

You, Pam English, Scott Werdebaugh, Marcia Sa'adia Little and 32 others like this.

Michael Novotny 

Me too, Ginger!!!

Mark Raymond Ganzer 

Simply lovely, thanks Ginger, for sharing.

Bradley Fitzgerald

I wish all my friends and family a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!

You, Bette Bauer Stevenson, Marcia Sa'adia Little, Kitty Carlisle LeDonne and 8 others like this.

Melissa Hyland 

Thanks Bradley! Enjoy your day of family and laughter~♥~Bradley Fitzgerald YW and TY Melissa! I just love Thanksgiving!

Mark Raymond Ganzer 

Hey Sweet Agnel Bradley Fitz - may the Lord Bless and Keep you safe under his angels' loving wings.

Jody Olson Mills

Getting ready to go to our neighbor's for dinner. Just waiting for El's famous Heart-Attack-Waiting-To-Happen Macaroni and Cheese to come out of the oven. Yum!12 hours ago near Phoenix, AZ · 

You, Rebecca Montgomery Sandidge, Mary Hulbert Redding, Ginger Johnson Pillman and 8 others like this.

Jeff Retzlaff 

The only thing missing today.

Jody Olson Mills 

Jeff, should we send you some?

Mark Raymond Ganzer 

DID I CALL THIS OR WHAT? What would Thanksgiving day be without the Olson twins wishing us the best? .. and I hadn't even peeked ahead, I just KNEW you'd be there with the thougthful prayers for all of us, who are so blessed simply to know you!

Shelli Traner Graves

OK, why is it called Black Friday?

Patricia Slack Sethney 

The store are hoping they will get out of the red

Pamela Deakins Noga 

Retailers have always used the Friday after Thanksgiving as their indicator as to whether they will end the year in the red or in the black.

Karen Logan Pfeifer 

 Happy Turkey Day to all!! I am thankful for the connections with friends and family today and every day. Don't eat too much or drink too much. You are allowed to laugh too much, hug too much and love too much! There is nothing you need too much to go out shopping tonight. If it was meant to be, it will be there tomorrow.

You, Bette Bauer Stevenson, Craig Logan, Mary Michael Howard and 25 others like this.

Linda Kosarek 

Ditto! Love ya Karen - Enjoy your day! xo

Bunny Jahnke 

Can't agree more!!

Mark Raymond Ganzer 

What a lovely and mutually shared expression of thanks! Bless you and yours 

KarenMartha Mattes 

 Happy Thanksgiving to all! Enjoy your time with family and friends, and may your Thanksgiving meal preparations go without a hitch!

Laura Bridwell Engel, Karen Logan Pfeifer, Joanna Dolderer Hosch and 11 others like this.

Bill Damron 

Happy Thanksgiving, Martha!! I hope you have a great day !!!

Peggi Ridgway 

I hope your holiday was filled with the warmth of family and friends.

Mark Ganzer

Thanks for your prayer Martha! It was sure answered in abundance here at 1004 S Grove Ave, Barrington, IL!

Christopher Limber

I have a very small Calico cat named Sophie, about 10 years old. She hardly ever meows. In fact, the only time she did is when her brother Max passed away way too prematurely and for two days she cried out for him. Wherever I go in the house, she silently follows me there. Whenever I am at my desk and more than 10 minutes goes by, when I get up to leave, she is there at my feet. She's there righ...t now. Just being. She is not hungry or lonely or sad, just present, a steady and unassuming presence. Whenever my car drives up in the back driveway she is on a windowsill or at the back door and I wonder how she recognizes my car specifically as it drives up. This small, silent creature especially today, is a reminder of how thankful I am for so many people, opportunities and so many small, significant gifts that could easily go unnoticed. 

May this Thanksgiving give you a peaceful time and all the treasures that each day unfold in unassuming silence.

Grace Moone, Carol Bennett Congdon, Martha Mattes and 26 others like this.

Janie Kincheloe 

That is so sweet.....what would we do without our four-legged friends? Happy Thanksgiving Chris :)

Keith Pillman 

Well said, Christopher. My two kitties (one Russian Blue and one Calico) and I wish a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Mark Raymond Ganzer 

Okay, so, you're a cat guy. I am 98+% canine lover, but can tell you, in honesty, that there have been about 3 cats in my life whom I would call "dog at heart," and these three, too, have been a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment